|The garden is designed in the shape of a cross with sunrays bursting forth. A plaque on the rock which stands in it's center has these words inscribed on it:
Memorial Garden: dedicated to the Glory of God on this site of the East Orrington Congregational Church Meeting House of 1842. "We remember with love those 'Saints' who go before us."
The Memorial Garden was dedicated on May 25,1997
The present garden committee is devoted to maintaining the garden as a place of quiet contemplation. Where all can come to see the beauty of God's creation displayed and where those who have passed on before us can be remembered.